.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Thursday, December 01, 2005

So, I believe in karma within one's lifetime for many reasons, but here's a more recent example of why.

As some may know, and other may not know, I now work in a library and am an actual librarian. Oh yes, yes, it's true. No more client hugging for me, no more clients in general!

I LOVE my job.. I truly do. For the first time in my life, I love my job... However, there is one thing I do not love:

The shooshing.

Lord help me, I DESPISE 'shooshing' people. I truly hate it. I hate having to walk up to a group of INSOUCIANT (that's french for 'pain in the ass') college kids and remind them to use their library voices. I cringe at the mere thought of it.

It makes me feel like an asshole in so many ways. Especially REPEATED SHOOSHING OF THE SAME GROUP OF KIDS. Oh god, help me, I hate it.

But you know what? Guess what? I was once a the resident chatty cathy of all libraries I entered. I WAS THE ONE BEING SHOOSHED.

I admit it. I was bad.. I giggled during study hall in the library in high school. I talked with my friends in the dorm library in college, I EVEN TOOK CHATTING LIBRARY LIBERTIES IN LIBRARY SCHOOL.

And now, now I know the pain I have caused. I now see.

And now, God, or Krishna, or whomever is in charge of these things, is making damn sure I pay for it.

I am a professional shoosher. Oh the torture.


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo