.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Monday, August 07, 2006


Ok, so, I don't think I'm gaining any more weight.. no, really.

AND YET! I have some pants that keep getting smaller and smaller.

After some investigation, I have realized that all the pants that seem to be too small (even the larger 'fat pants' that I have purchased) are ALL chinos from J.Crew.

Here's a blurb describing their chinos:

The chinos we're famous for: vintage American classics that will never go out of style. Cotton twill. Favorite fit sits lower on the waist. Fitted through hip, eased through thigh, with a flattering, easy leg and refined drape. Updated with a slightly thinner waistband. Stitch detail on belt loops. Zip fly. Front slant pockets, two back pockets. Short sizes 0-16 come with 30" inseam, regular sizes 0-16 come with 32" inseam. Import. Machine wash.*

*Please note, after washing the chinos approximately 10 - 15 times they will shink to a full size smaller than their original size.

Aha!!! SEE!!!! I knew it!!! Trying to make me feel all fat but you have special booby trapped chinos**, shrinking at key moments in your life to make you feel like you have to purchase MORE CHINOS. EVEN BIGGER CHINOS! I'm on to you now, J. Crew! Ooh I knew it.

**actually, I made up that little extra description blurb about the shrinkage, but I'm sorry, IT'S SO HAPPENING. How else to explain that ALL my other pants fit fine and yet I keep growing out of the chinos. Oh how?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo