.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Friday, May 12, 2006

AN ADDENDUM TO THE OPEN LETTER TO THE CRAZY LADY IN AT THE SUPERMARKET WITH THE MANY AND MOST VARIOUS OF BAGS:

Much to my chagrin, people have been telling me that they thought I was being MEAN TO A CRAZY BAG LADY. No and no.

This woman was not a "bag lady" in the classic sense of the term, she was just a weird lady with lots of bags that did not lock the fucking bathroom door.

She was not out of her head with crazy or anything like that, she was just a bit strange and well, not someone you want to see hovering over the toilet with her stockings around her ankles.

I mean, I don't think I'M someone you want to see hovering over a toilet with my stockings around my ankles, but THAT'S WHY I FUCKING LOCK THE FUCKING BATHROOM DOOR WHEN I AM IN THAT POSITION.

ugh.

I suppose I took out years of pent up aggression on this poor woman with the many and various bags, so for that I am sorry. So many people not locking doors throughout the years. So very many.

So, once and for all, I am not mean to crazy people. Unless they deserve it.

1 Comments:

  • Are you statistically more likely than average to come across an improperly locked bathroom door? I feel like you might be.

    I can only think of a couple of times where this might have happened to me.

    I'm sure there's a male/female distinction here, too, though. This kind of "encounter" typically doesn't matter at the urinal, etc.

    However, we men also encounter a related problem: the medium-sized public bathroom where it's ambiguous whether it's for single or multiple use. The typical case is a bathroom where there's both a urinal and a traditional toilet that's not within a separate stall. Technically, this is supposed to be a "single" bathroom. However, if the room is fairly large and it's located at a busy bar/club/restaurant it's likely that both of these devices are put into use simultaneously (for #1, as they say). It makes sense: it's doubling the capacity of the bathroom. However, if (god-forbid) anyone actually needed some alone time at the traditional toilet, there's a complicated problem of traffic management where you have to get everyone else out of the room and lock the door to this "de-facto" multiple-use facility.

    If memory serves me correctly, both Redbones and the West Street Grill have these ambigious kinds of setups, which I find very disturbing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo