.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm very sure this topic has been covered ad nauseum in other forums and/or blogs and/or personal conversations allllll over the woooooorld.

But I don't care.

I STILL want to discuss WHY PEOPLE WRITE EMAILS AND COMMENTS AND DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS OF ALL SORTS IN ALL CAPS.

It hurts me.

Why do they do it? Most often, these people are not yelling in their writings. They do not mean to sound like they are yelling. They are not *meaning* to day "FUCK YOU!" at the top of their lungs when they are writing things like "THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY CAKE, YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD COOK, I'LL GET YOU BACK WHEN YOUR BIRTHDAY COMES AROUND. LOVE YA! TWICKSIE"

However, it sorta seems like they ARE saying "FUCK YOU!" at the top of their lungs and it hurts me. It hurts my eyes and my head and my heart.

Do they not realize they have hit their All Caps button and just keep typing away blissfully? Are these the same people that keep their turn signal on for MILES and MILES no knowing it is on? Is it those people? Like my grandparents? Or your grandparents? Or people that have no business being near a keyboard, let alone a computer, at all?

Or do they have some sort of text editor that automatically converts things into ALL CAPS?

Does AOL dialup make things into all caps? (Does AOL dialup even exist anymore?) That would combine both of my theories TOGETHER.

These people irk me. As do their writings in the all capital land.

Now I must nap to get past the pain.

Oh and day three of the stool sampling was rough. Very rough. LOT'S OF SAMPLING TO BE DONE ON DAY THREE. SO MANY MANY TUBES AND SAMPLES. (AND YES I'M WRITING IN ALL CAPS NOW BECAUSE I SORT OF CAN'T STOP MYSELF AFTER HAVING THOUGHT ABOUT IT ALOT AND HOW WEIRD AND ANNOYING IT IS. BUT I'M DOING IT IRONICALLY, SO THAT MAKES ME DOING IT OK. SEE HOW THAT WORKS? HAVE I MENTIONED STOOL SAMPLE? OH RIGHT, YES, I HAVE.)

But it's all done now.

and so's this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo