.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Well, hello.

I meant to write this yesterday but I was TOO JAZZED UP ON SUGAR to concentrate. Now I'm only *slightly* jazzed up on sugar, so it's a little easier to settle down. A little.

So, I know it's November 1st which is SO not Halloween anymore, but I have some things to say about the festivities of yesteryore.

Ok, as you may know, I work at an ART SCHOOL. Now, you might think, GREAT! all the kiddies are going to really bust out the jams for some SWEET COSTUMES, I mean they ALEADY *almost* wear costumes EVERY DAY, why not jack it up to 11 and call it Halloween, right?

WRONG.

I swear to God (oh yes, I SWORE TO GOD! But wait Jesus freaks, there's more to offend you later in this post, stay tuned and clutch your bible to your scandalized needing-to-get-a-life-close-minded-uptight hearts, don't let go!) the faculty and staff dressed up WAY more than the students.

I was SORELY disappointed. I mean, the ones that DID dress up, were GOOD. One kid wore a 'french maid' outfit and he is a 6'2'' guy and wow, I was impressed and wondered where he got the platform shoes in that size (mostly cuz' I would want to know for my own Sasquatch feet, sigh..). So, good.

But folks, simply wearing 'ears' or 'horns' or a 'wacky colored wig' or 'dressing slutty'. DOES NOT MAKE A COSTUME. Plu-eeez. Grow some balls and wear the whole damn thing. Feh. ESPECIALLY if you are ALREADY an art fag that people stare at all the time anyway.

Why do you think I don't care? I grew up being stared at for my stupid outfits, so no big whoop!

Kids these days! They have no idea the work us older punkrock/artfags did for them. None!

So, just for the record, the entire library staff (minus one who had his own thing going on) dressed as nuns (could we have a defibulator 'up in here' for the Jesus freaks please. Oh and don't bother letting me know I'm going to hell, there's PLENTY of other stuff -- legal stuff, not "Jesus-freak" "legal" -- I've done, not chronicled in this here blog that has made me qualified for that) And we looked DAMN GOOD.

I stayed up until 12 am the night before putting together the wimples (look it up) and I gotta say, we were convincing. My coworker and I actually had someone ask if we were real nuns when we were out to lunch. Because UNLIKE ALL YOU PUSSIES OUT THERE we wore our costumes ALL DAY LONG. Damn!

Now, here's a costume that I love:

http://www.tmz.com/photos/hollywood-halloween-2006/80632/

Some dude in Hollywood. Brilliant.

Oh AND driving through the town I work in going home last night, there were throngs of little kids in their costumes. Holy shit. HOLY SHIT. So fucking cute, I COULD DIE.

These two little kids were being held by their parents and they BOTH had on Yoda outfits. Two little Yodas!

If I have kids, I am going to buy up every last cute kiddie costume I can find and just dress my baby as different shit everyday. All year long. Today you are a pea in a pod! Tomorrow a little bear! The next day an elephant!

Oh yeah.. can't wait.

Ok, I have no good dismount for this post, so remember, next year, don't be a pussy, put on an outfit, and let's all gird our loins for the pie eating (tee hee that sounds VERY DIRTY) later this month.

Oh and I found out I have to collect stool samples (of my own) for a test I'm having done. The holiday fun is already beginning!

There. There's my dismount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo