.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Friday, May 26, 2006

Yah, ok, so I just had someone who claims to be a PSYCHIC make fun OF ME for being A LIBRARIAN.

The conversation (which was on the phone - please don't ask why I was talking to a psychic on the phone, it's a long story - so she couldn't see me) went a little like this:

The 'psychic': So what do you do? ---> to this I would like to say "MAYBE YOU COULD FIGURE THAT OUT, YOU'RE THE PSYCHIC" feh.

Me 'the librarian': I'm a librarian

The 'psychic': You're joking, I didn't think people did that anymore.

Me: No, I'm really a librarian.

The 'psychic': Do you wear glasses?

Me: Nooo... (even though I do sometimes, but I am NOT giving her the satisfaction.. and honestly, I really didn't get where this was going right away.)

The 'psychic': Do you wear your hair back in a bun? (At this point she's laughing hysterically thinking she is HI-LARIOUS)

Me: No, no I don't (yes, yes now the funny funny joke is so clear to me)

The 'psychic' or shall we call her as she likes to put it 'the intuitive' finally INTUITS that she's being a stupid cunt and backpedals.

The 'psychic': Oh, I'm sorry, I guess that's not very sensitive of me.

Me: Don't worry about it, it happens all the time.

AND SCENE.

Ok, so how can someone who claims to talk to the 'spirit world' for living find being a librarian so goddamn funny?

Everyone's gotta shit on someone, don't they? Do all psychics feel they are above librarians in the social pecking order? Has it come to this?!?!?!

They probably get paid more.

I hope she 'psychic-ly' 'intuits' that I hate her. Oh, because I do.

1 Comments:

  • "Libraries?! HA HA! What, are we in Alexandria now? My job doesn't involve 'knowing things' and books are dumb. LOL! I like ponies!"

    I'm pretty sure humanity erred in coming down from the trees.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo