.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hotel Overshare

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

So, amoungst the many many many things that are weird about MySpace, here's one that I that I find REALLY fascinating.

People communicating with their friends, soley through those comments thingys. Like, instead of writing someone a regular email. Or calling them.

Like making plans for hanging out and stuff, FOR EVERYONE TO SEE.

So, great, I'm a crazy stalker and now that I know where you are going to be 'partying' this weekend, I'll be sure to join you!

And like telling people sort of personal intimate things in a comment.

"Thanks for fingering my G-spot last night! I can't wait to suck you off later this week! Oh and I think we're out of condoms, could you pick up some. Toodles!"

Huh? EW!

Don't these people get that EVERYONE can read them? I guess you can set you settings so only your friends can read it and that makes a little more sense, but still.... Pick up that phone! Write a NORMAL email! What the hell?!?

It's like a big ENORMOUS yearbook where everyone is trying to get as many signatures as possible. And when you give your yearbook to the next person to sign with their very personal note about their feeeeeeeeeeelings about you they read all the other comments people have read and know JUST how popular you are.

It's just weird. And like exhibitionistic and well, well.. young, I guess. Which is probably why the kiddies like it so much. But be careful kiddies!! Be careful with these exhibitionistic dramas you create! Twicksie is watching. Oh and judging.. BE WARNED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Site Index | Related Pages | Powered by Wanabo